Monday, July 13, 2015

Run For A Major Award - A Christmas Story Virtual 5k

June 10, 2015 ~ When I found this virtual 5k I immediately thought of my best friend, Misty Lynn! She LOVES the movie "A Christmas Story" and this race has the famous leg lamp! (I knew I could talk her into doing a 5k with me even if we did walk!)

Of course she had to pick the hottest day of the year to do it but who cares... 
I get to spend time with her! 
We started out at Rock Bridge Elementary School but after 1 1/2 passes around their track we decided to walk on the concrete trail up to Nifong and Green Meadows!

I'm so proud of this girl! This was her very first (but not her last) 5k! She has had multiple knee surgeries and although running isn't an option the fact that she committed to doing one and then completing it is a huge accomplishment! (Now that I know you are willing to do them just wait until the next one! Ha!) 

Huge thank you to Full Medal Runs for having a fun virtual 5k with a sweet medal! 

"It's a Major Award" Run, let's put on our running or walking shoes and put in the miles this Christmastime as we participate in our second annual "Run For A Major Award" 5K, 10K or 13.1M together. The Run For A Major Award medal will be 5" long with a customized ribbon with your distance of choice on the ribbon. A portion of the profits from the run will benefit Reading Is Fundamental. You can run your race anytime between 11/15/2015 & 12/31/2014. Your medals are expected in stock between 12/15/2014 and 1/15/2015. This run will remain active until 12/31/2014 or until all medals have sold out.

Want to complete this virtual race? Visit their website from the link below!
Enjoy a clip from the movie... now go for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment