Monday, July 13, 2015

Aloha Run - Virtual 5k!

June 8, 2015 ~ So I signed up for another virtual 5k and needed to get it done to earn a little bling so I talked my momma into doing it with me! I have been searching for virtual 5k's to keep me motivated and stumbled across this one.

Did you know that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer? And did you know that only half of these cases can be tied to traditional risk factors like genetic inheritance, diet and reproductive history? More and more scientific evidence is linking breast cancer to the chemicals in our everyday environment—chemicals in our food, our products, our air and our water. Breast Cancer awareness may be at an all-time high, but it’s time to shift the conversation from awareness to prevention.
Support breast cancer prevention by participating the the Aloha Run virtual 5k/10k/Half Marathon this June. Run whenever you want, wherever you want, and with whomever you want.

Luckily we did this after work so it wasn't nearly so hot! 

Momma hung in there like a trooper and got it done! 

Good job Momma! 

 My custom race bib!

Thank you Virtual Strides for creating this race and donating to The Breast Fund! This run was dedicated to all women who have battled with breast cancer. Some who are still with us and several who lost their life to this horrible disease. I hope one day they find a cure!


Founded in 1992, the Breast Cancer Fund works to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease. The Breast Cancer Fund is the only national organization focused solely on breast cancer prevention. The organization is part of a broad environmental, reproductive public health and justice movement and their unique mission serves as a mighty voice for breast cancer prevention.A portion of the proceeds from this event, at least $5.00 from each registration, will be donated to the Breast Cancer Fund.

I added this to my "bonus runs" and didn't count it as one of my 15 in 2015 races.

No comments:

Post a Comment