Friday, December 27, 2013

My 10th 5k ~ Access Run 5k

October 12, 2013 ~ Today would mark my 10th 5k and get me just a little closer to my goal of 13 5k's in 2013! It's hard to believe that until April 2013 I have never ran or even participated in a 5k in my life... then to set a crazy goal of doing 13 of them... was I completely nuts???

Here I am before the race! These little chicken legs want to get going! 

This race was a fundraiser for Access Arts here in Columbia, MO. Proceeds would benefits those in our community and that I loved! Oh and Midway Electric, Inc. just happened to sponsor this one!
To learn about Access Arts you can visit their website at:

and we're off! 
The Color Run was a fun 5k that kept you motivated along the way! They had volunteers stationed at different places along the course and would blast you with color!

 Finished at 35:43! 
My goal is to get under 30 minutes at least one time but I guess if I don't do any training in between races then I can't expect to reach a goal  can I? Well sugars, have no fear... Michele loves a good challenge and no matter what I will give it all I've got! 

This was a messy yet fun run!

At the very end they took group photos but I didn't hang around that long...
Congratulations to everyone that participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment