Monday, December 9, 2013

A Surprise Party!



August 13, 2013 ~ Amber Roberts contacted me and asked what I thought about throwing a surprise party for one of our friends. You know me... I love parties and I love surprises! We started planning and invited a few old friends from school and decorated La Terraza Mexican Grill for this gathering.

We understood that not everyone could make it because of work, kids and other things that come up but we did have a nice little group just before Jamie arrived. It was awesome.... As Jamie walked in the room she was smiling from ear to ear. (I was a little worried that she might have found out about our surprise) As I went up to give her a hug she said "Surprise!" Little did I know her mom, Sue had told her that they were going to a surprise party for me! Then when she found out this party was for her was priceless!


Jamie and I met back in Jr. High School and remained friends throughout life. She would be one of my bridesmaids in our wedding in September 1997. In 1998 she was living in Texas and was injured badly in a car accident that wasn't her fault. I flew down to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas and sat by her side and her mom for a week. It was a long haul for Jamie but I am so thankful that we could celebrate her life today! She is an incredible person and wonderful friend and just as life takes us in many directions and I don't get to see her often I always think about her and how she is a true example of someone that has overcome many obstacles in life and never gives up! Jamie Ragan... I love you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment