Monday, August 17, 2015

Unplugged Virtual 13.1 Mile Race!

August 11, 2015 ~  For the month of August we have decided to start walking almost every night in an effort to get a little healthier and motivate one another. We usually walk in my sisters neighborhood since it's a little safer than being on a busy two lane road with no shoulders. When we walk we always do 3.1 miles which is basically a 5k. Tonight it would just be three of us walking. 

With my cousin, Stephanie's wedding coming up in a month our Aunt Judy has been walking with us! She doesn't like it but she also doesn't quit! We got started a little later than we wanted to but Ashley wanted to walk a little more tonight. 

 I found these awesome medals (We own an Electrical Contracting Company) from Jost Running and I had to have them! I mean, we deal with electrical outlets everyday so it's seemed fitting! The only downfall is that the distance to earn these beautiful medals was either 13.1 miles (half marathon) or 26.2 miles (a full marathon)... I wasn't sure how I would talk my sister into this one.....

If you are interested they still have these medals and are on clearance for $5.00 each....


Holy smokes that was something!
I'm not going to say it was easy but we got it done in a descent amount of time! 

Good job Ashley and maybe next time you should define how many more miles you want to walk! LOL! I'm glad that my sister did this with me and that we finally have it done! (So much easier when things aren't really planned and you do it on a whim)

Yep, that sums it up!

Crossed that one off my list!

If you took time to read this blog post then it's my turn to Pay It Forward! I have 2 more of these race medals and I will pick two people at random to receive these race medals (1 per person) in the very near future. They will be mailed to you free of charge and the only thing I ask you to do is to use hashtag #payitforward when you post a picture of you after completing either 13.1 or 26.2 miles. Just comment on this blog post why you want this medal and I'll be in touch with the winners soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment