Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Ninth Street"





August 4, 2012 ~ As many of you know I love painting at a place called "The Canvas on Broadway" here in Columbia, MO. It is a great place to paint (acrylic) with friends while being taught step-by-step. I have gone 6 or 7 times now and wanted to try a painting of "Ninth Street" which features hot spots on Ninth Street in Columbia, MO. Tonight a friend, Shannon Patterson had arranged for her sister, Ashlea Vanderwalker and Kristi Spotts to go so I invited myself to tag along for the 6:30 pm class!




It was a very detailed / focused painting and although I did feel rushed (they had another class at 9:30 pm) it was fun! It's amazing to think that you can't even paint a stick figure let alone a great piece of artwork that you can actually be proud of! I did take it home and finish it this morning.....




A finished piece! It was fun hanging out with the girls and I am always ready to go back..... see ya at The Canvas on Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment