Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2011 - It's always great when you can look back on the past year and figure out how to move forward for the new year. I am thankful that I was able to experience all the things that 2010 had to offer and use those experiences to become a better person. I went through a program called Leadership Columbia which I am so glad I was one of the 30 people picked to be in this program. This was through the Chamber of Commerce and started on January 5, 2010 and we graduated in June. As a Chamber of Commerce Ambassador I reached 606 points (which I am working very hard to get my 1,000 points) in 4 years or less. Our partnership with Midway Heights Elementary School is going great and we just finished up 2010 with a Winter Card Contest. My sister is pregnant with her first child (first grandchild on both sides of their families) and doing good. Brandon and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on September 13th. We took a couple of vacations this past year.... Mexico and Colorado which was a lot of fun. It's always nice to get away from day to day things (special thanks to our employees).
My New Years resoluations are as follows:
1. Smile/laugh everyday.... the world needs more laugher!
2. Be patient.... I have trouble with this but trying to work on it!
3. Be thankful/grateful.... I often take things for granted and need to be thankful/grateful more.
4. Compliment others..... I need to do this more often. A nice compliment can brighten someone's day!
5. Have fun.... well I might have this one mastered so I will carry it into 2011!
6. Do random acts of kindness .... Although I do this I need to do it more.
7. Forgive and forget.... As we get older you must forgive and forget
8. Get rid of the drama.... If someone's got drama that can't be fixed in a few hours or even a day walk away!
9. Call my momma often.... We all know what happened when I didn't .... don't make that mistake again!
10. Enjoy Life.... Stop and smell the flowers more....

Well these are just a few to get me started..... Hope you all have a wonderful start to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment