Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Camera!

January 3, 2011 - Well on December 31st I ended up getting a new Cannon 60D SLR camera from Columbia Photo! I had done my little bit of research and, for me, the Cannon was the best choice. I spent a little more than I orginally wanted to but the bundled kit came with an extra battery ($100), lens visor ($50), HDMI cable ($50), camera body and the lens that is attached to the camera. I was pretty excited  but I don't know the first thing about these "fancy" cameras! A friend of mine suggested that I get a 50mm lens for some great photos so Brandon and I headed down there on Saturday and they were closed! So I played around with it over the weekend.... (the picture above is with an old camera... notice the clarity)
This is Bailey ....
This is Mattie Mae....
and this is Maxer Doodle! I love the camera so far and can't wait to get some outdoor pictures when the Spring gets here. I also purchased  Photoshop Elements 9 & Adobe Premier Elements 9 to play around with. I have a really fun project I am working on and will share with you all once I am done..... It includes old antique stuff, outdoor things and pictures.

So the best part of today was this... I went to Columbia Photo this morning to take a look at this 50mm lens (which I did purchase) and ask a few questions about my camera overall (I don't have time for lessons). I walk in the door and who else but Carl Edwards is standing right there! We made eye contact and I shook hands and he asked what I was doing down there.... told him I bought a new camera and then he asked what I got. We made small talk for a few minutes and then he was gone. I keep kicking myself in the butt of why didn't I carry on a conversation about racing, family and all that good stuff but I guess I was shocked to see him. He is a super nice guy and I really respect him and his family for being so down to earth and supporting our local shops. I love the fact that he calls Columbia, MO his home. Good luck Carl on this years race season!

I'll leave you with one more cute picture of my babies.... doing what they do best.... sleeping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment