Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9-11

September 11, 2012 ~ 11 years ago our nation changed. It changed because of some bad people felt they needed to take the lives of our men, women and children much too soon from this earth. Today we remember those who lost their lives that day and our hearts ache for the families that lost their loved ones. It makes me proud to be an American and to see the many flags at half mast at many of the businesses, homes and schools as we never forget. I proudly drove by our fire station in Midway this morning and saw this. America may have been badly scared from September 11, 2001 but we always come back stronger and do it with pride, dedication and in memory of those that are no longer here with us. Today I will never forget what happened 11 years ago and thank the men and women that have continued to fight for our freedom.  

Today also marks the 3rd year that Grandma Ruby Spry passed away. She was a very special lady to us and always believed in her family. She was supportive, loving and compassionate. She taught me a lot about life and I am so thankful she was a huge piece to Brandon's life. I miss her everyday and I am thankful for all the memories and her recipes that I was able to capture in 2 cookbooks that I put together. Miss you terribly Grandma Ruby but know you are watching over us from up above!



No comments:

Post a Comment