Monday, February 16, 2015

Runnin' Against MS 5k

February 7, 2015 - While I don't enjoy running I have made another goal for 2015 to walk/run 15 5k's in 2015.... Yes I have lost my mind! This year will be different than 2013 (when I ran 13 in 2013) because I have recruited friends to participate on this journey! {insert evil laugh here}

Today was the first race of 2015 and Runnin’ Against MS is a 5K raising money for the MS Institute of Mid-Missouri! RAMS (Rockin’ Against Multiple Sclerosis) is a student run organization at the University of Missouri that raises funds to help better the quality of life for those in Mid-Missouri living with multiple sclerosis and was held at Stephen's Lake in Columbia, MO! 

It was a perfect day and we couldn't pass up a photo opportunity before we got started!

Time to get moving! 
(I spy with my little eye....)
(Thank goodness for Roni's momma watching Alexis so we could complete this race!)

It felt good to mix up a little running with some power walking and these girls did good! 

With race number 1 in the books we only have 14 more to go! Woo Hoo! 

They gave us a bag when we checked in but we didn't look in it until we got back to our cars....
We totally could have cooled down with these bad boys! Ha! 

I gotta give a shout out to Dillon (Deseray's little boy) for keeping up and completing his first ever 5k!!!! Great job buddy and keep up the great work! 





No comments:

Post a Comment