Friday, February 28, 2014

Feeling A Little Crafty ~ Day 2!

February 2, 2014 ~ So yesterday I whipped up a fun blanket for myself and I still had a lot of denim fabric left over and decided a girl can never have enough blankets right?!? Brandon was still sleeping while I had my little sewing machine buzzing and before I knew it I had finished another blanket. Of course it would take hours to cut the edges to finish it but it was worth it!

As Brandon woke up I showed him my blanket and he just smiled. I offered to make him a blanket (using boy colors instead of girl colors) but he said he didn't need anymore blankets (I made him two John Deere blankets a couple of years ago) so I made another for me!

I am pretty sure when my mom gave me a sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago he thought I would use it once or twice and be done with it.... surprisingly I have actually used it a lot and made around 50 blankets many of which were baby blankets. I want to try to make a few more things but I want things I can have done in a day or two as I don't like all my sewing stuff strung out around the house. (Next house we build I will have an awesome craft/sewing room so I have a place to put things while I work on them)


I seriously love denim! Thought this blanket would be perfect as the whole outside (the part with the frayed edges) was all denim and the inside was nice and warm! 
The outside... (I love it!)
I guess I didn't take a picture of the full inside.... Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment