Friday, February 28, 2014

Feeling A Little Crafty ~ Day 1!

February 1, 2014 ~ I am so over this winter weather that today I started organizing and cleaning my closet. I have this bolt of denim material that I purchased about 2 years ago and used it once for a little project but then never again. It made me sad to see all of this denim material just collecting dust so I decided to make another blanket! Only this time I would make a blanket big enough for me!

I begin cutting the flannel material (John Deere of course!) and the denim into 11" x 11" squares. What I like about these blankets is that I have can them whipped up in no time with the hardest part being cutting the edges so that when you wash it they fray. Luckily I had it all done and in the wash before going to bed!

I had never worked with denim before so I wasn't sure how it would turn out but it did really good! 
 Looks good and it's nice and soft!
Nothing is final until I have added my name! 
Now I just need to curl up with a hot cup of sweet tea and a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment