Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Walt Disney World Here We Come!

October 1, 2015 ~  Pretty much since my nephew Jaxon was born our Momma has talked about taking him to Walt Disney World and today that dream is officially true! I just finished up the final details of our trip (and final payment) for our December adventure!

In my opinion the best time of year to visit Walt Disney World is December. It is so awesome be in Orlando with warmer temps and Christmas all around you throughout the whole month of December! If you are ever thinking about going or have been but never gone during this time of year it is a must and you won't be disappointed as Disney thinks of everything! Parades are amazing, firework shows are awesome and to watch them flip the big switch at night turning on the thousands and thousands of Christmas lights while they make it snow is incredible! 

I will say that the way they do everything now is totally different then when we went in December 2008. Previously you would book your airfare, find your hotel, purchase your tickets and pay for meals as you go. 
With the new way of doing things you can still find your own airfare but when you book your hotel (if staying on Disney property) your meal plan is included in the hotel rates. Honestly when I was told this I was confused and frustrated on how all of this works. Frankly I didn't know if I would feel like pizza on Wednesday afternoon at 12:50 PM or be ready to eat at 5:40 PM on Thursday evening! I will say that Disney is really good about explaining things and after several phone calls I understand that the dinning plan is a good thing. You basically reserve one meal a day for a unique dinning experience or a character visiting dinning and plan your day around that. When you want something to eat you have points to use from the 3 meals per day and 2 snacks per day (per person). The best part about this "new way" of doing things is that everything is completely paid for before you go unless you want additional food or souvenirs. (They have the points system worked out well enough that you should have plenty of food for each day-believe me I asked! )

Because of my mad organizing skills and (major OCD) I have put everything into a 2" 3-ring binder with confirmations, flight details, lodging/dinning plan details and our itinerary! This way if there is any problems I can quickly address them as well as answer questions about what park we will be going to that day! (For those of you who know me... don't even act surprised!) 

I think the icing on the Disney cake (for me) is that my sister, brother-in-law and nephew have never been to Walt Disney World.... which means we are going to make this a trip to remember! The Spry's, The Adams Family and Granny Crews are going to make some incredible memories on this trip! (My dad doesn't fly so going on this trip isn't an option for him which stinks but since we are going in early December we will get to spend the holidays together while talking about this trip and showing pictures to him) 

Thank goodness we started planning for this trip back in early 2015 and in a few short weeks (68 days to be exact) we will climb aboard a plane taking us to a magical place!









No comments:

Post a Comment