Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Breast Cancer Awareness Virtual 5k

October 4, 2015 ~ Tonight we decided to do our first "Breast Cancer Awareness" virtual 5k! With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month we have several virtual races to complete in honor of the survivors, fighters and memory of those we lost too soon. Sadly we all know someone who has had breast cancer and I hope one day during my lifetime they are able to find a cure and erase the "c" word from our vocabulary.

I enjoy walking with these wonderful ladies and they certainly keeps us laughing as we try to solve all of the worlds problems each night! Thank you ladies for just being you!

This 5k, 10k, 13.1 or 26.2 mile run/walk was put on by Races for Awareness and I really loved this awesome finisher medal! (That's what I love about all of these virtual races is the detail and design work of the medals.... if that's not motivation to get your butt out there and walk or run then I don't know what is!)  Also I love that a portion of the registration will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

They still have this medal available if you are interested in registering for this race:

To many of my friends that have put up one heck of a fight... I'm thankful you a are here today. 
To many of the women that lost their battle with breast cancer.... you will never be forgotten. 
To the many women who have not had breast cancer or been diagnosed yet.... please get your mammograms regularly and report and bumps/lumps to your doctor as soon as possible. Early detection is the best way to beat this horrible disease!









No comments:

Post a Comment