Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Head For The Cure 5k - Columbia, MO

April 26, 2015 ~ It's time to get ready for another 5k! Jacki Swank asked me to do this one and I know she is going to push me to grab a personal record.... I think I'm ready!
 
The Head for the Cure Foundation is dedicated to raising awareness and funding for research in the fight against brain cancer. Head for the Cure works to inspire hope for the community of brain cancer patients, their families, friends, caregivers and other supporters, while celebrating their courage, spirit and energy.
Head for the Cure events mark a day of celebration where those diagnosed with brain cancer are honored and celebrated by their friends and families, those who have lost their battles are remembered, and we carry on the fight. We are defeating brain cancer, step by step.

Roger Garmon was a good man. He was a wonderful family friend that lost his battle with brain cancer in 2007. While this race stands for someone we loved that is no longer with us we will remember Roger by running this for him. We hope one day they will find a cure to a horrible disease that claims too many lives each year. 

It was a cold morning.... I was ready to run! 

Ready, Set, Go! 

This was before the official time was in.....

Well I gotta say that Jacki is one heck of a motivator and pushed me to setting a personal record for 2015! Finished my 8th 5k for 2015 in 32:57:9! Thank you Jacki! 











No comments:

Post a Comment