Friday, November 23, 2012

My surprise!


November 21, 2012 ~ Remember way back when I told you that I was working on a special project and I would let you all know around the first part of December? Remember how I told you that it's something I always wanted to do but never really had the time? Well my dream is turning into a reality! I wrote a children's book and it will be published in 2013! I should have my book (finished product) in my hands in late December and you can order/buy the book/e-book in January 2013!

A special thank you to Boone Electric and Jim Robertson for writing this story that came out in the Rural Missouri just 2 days ago! If you click on the link and go to page 3 you will see the awesome story.... Thanks Jim! 

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ruralmissouri/201212/index.php?dyn=Boone#/0


This is so exciting as my inspiration for this book was Tom Trabue. For those of you that don't know him, Tom is an amazing guy. He is the current chair of the Chamber Ambassadors and was diagnosed with cancer just before taking chair. He has completed his 12 chemo treatments and is currently going through radiation treatments but the doctors said his cancer is all gone! This 100 page (or so) children's chapter book is for ages 8-12 and is focused on paying it forward. I can't wait to share more details about the book as I get them and currently we are working on placement of the illustrations and text for young readers. I want to make sure the story is perfect when it goes to press!

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile but it wasn't until recently when we took a trip to Colorado that I actually had to get it out of my head and on to paper! I pretty much wrote the book during our trip and finished it up after we got home. I know, I know... how does one find time while you are on vacation? It was easy... Our friends, Paul and Whitnee have a 15 month old baby who goes to bed early which meant we came back to the hotel early! My little fingers went to work typing everything up. With Tom Trabue as my inspiration and Peggy A. Guest (a family friend and local artist) as my illustrator I was ready to move forward on this project!

 I had a couple of conversations with publishing companies and found one that would edit and publish my book. They will also help with marketing and setting up accounts for me at Barnes & Noble, ibook, Nook, etc. My only goal is to see my book on the shelves at Barnes & Noble... just one time.

This is really an exciting time for me and something I take great pride in.... I'll let you all know when I have copies in my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment