Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Pancakes.... yep really!

Well with all this snow that we got you have to be creative and figure out how in the world we are gonna get rid of it so I have made plenty of snow ice-cream and a good friend of mine, Tanya Alberty, forwarded me a reciepe for snow pancakes.... really? I have never heard of such until she posted it. I decided that I would give it a try so I gathered my ingredients and my snow and got started.... They turned out pretty good. My favorites are Grandma Ruby's recipe but outside of that I was surprised. If you dare to give it a try here's the receipe:

2 cups of flour
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 Tablespoon of sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 1/2 cups of milk

In a large bowl sift the flour and add in the baking powder, salt and sugar.

In another bowl combine the eggs and milk then slowly add this mixture to the flour mixture above.


Stir well and set aside. The batter will be kind of thick. Next grease your griddle (or I used a cast iron skillet) until it gets good and hot. (When griddle or skillet is hot you can sprinkle a few cold water drops on it and the water will "dance' and disappear quickly). Now that your griddle / skillet is hot go outside and get  new fresh snow. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of snow into the batter mixture and mix well.

Pour snow pancake mixture on your griddle or in your skillet. The key is to turn your pancakes once so that they don't over cook or become leathery and tough. Watch for lots of little bubbles on the top of the pancake and flip over.

Enjoy your Snow Pancakes and a big glass of milk!




No comments:

Post a Comment