Thursday, November 5, 2015

Congratulations KC Royals - 2015 World Series Champs!

November 1, 2015 ~ As a true St. Louis Cardinals fan I would be lying if I didn't say that I was disappointed when we didn't make the 2015 World Series. I was however very proud of the Kansas City Royals for stepping up their game over the past couple of years and not only entering the World Series playoffs but also being #crowned the 2015 World Series Champions!

Living in Columbia, MO you either cheered on the St. Louis Cardinals or the Kansas City Royals. I would like to think I love the game of baseball and would gladly support both teams unless of course they are playing against each other! For so many years it appeared that the Kansas City Royals just didn't have a good amount of fans that would stand beside them through the good and bad. Those that were loyal certainly never gave up on their team and this day made it all worth while.

 We attended two games at Kauffman Stadium when our St. Louis Cardinals played the Kansas City Royals on June 22-23, 2012 with my cousin and her boyfriend, now husband. Before the game we signed up for a tour of the stadium and I am so glad we did! What a beautiful stadium and wonderful hosts they are. You knew the tour guides were up on their history and loved this team through and through. After our tour we had front row seats next to the St. Louis Cardinals dugout... Awesome seats! That was my very first experience at Kauffman. (Oh and I got to meet Johnny Knoxville as well as several of our St. Louis Cardinals!) 

On July 10, 2012 we went back to Kauffman Stadium with our friends Greg and Jill Greening to attend our first ever All Star Game! What another great experience!


I know it has been many years, 30 years to be exact, since the Kansas City Royals have won a World Series but hopefully it will not be another long stent to the next one! Congratulations to the "Boys in Blue" on this well-deserved championship! 


One of my favorite pictures that I saw floating around social media recently... St. Louis turned the St. Louis Arch blue as their "Congratulations" to the Kansas City Royals. Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment