Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training 2015 - Day 1!

March 11-12, 2015 ~ So about four years ago I told my husband that I wanted to go to St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training in Jupiter, FL as a bucket list item. Somehow he went that year with a group of guys and has gone each year since. I told him that I was going one of these years (in the very near future) and I was asked to come along on this normally "guys only" trip.

On Wednesday we flew from St. Louis, MO to Atlanta, GA then to West Palm Beach. We didn't leave until 6:30 PM which meant we didn't arrive to West Palm Beach until 11:59 PM then by the time we got our rental and got to our hotel it was 1:00 AM! We slept for several hours then headed over to Tom's place to meet the guys. 

Tom has a place in a neat little gated community. It's not a huge complex but just big enough! If we were ever to move to Florida this would be the place to go that's for sure! 

Straight ahead is a place I have wanted to see.... 
Roger Dean Stadium! 
Crossing off a bucket list item in 4....3....2...1! 
Our view from the "cheap seats"! 
(Have no fear... we would learn that we move up around here!)
You can't start a ballgame without our National Anthem!
Let's play ball boys! 
 Well hey there Matt Holiday! 
 Jose Oquendo, St. Louis Cardinals 3rd Base Coach!

Mark Reynolds hit a nice 3 run homer outta the park! 
Time to upgrade our seats....
and check on the guys! 
Tom, Brian and Keith... it looks like they are hanging in there! 

An older couple was heading out and gave us their tickets... 5th row!
Great seats to see St. Louis Cardinals Manager, Mike Matheny talking to the boys!
 I really like that guy!
 View from the new seats!
 St. Louis Cardinals 8
Baltimore Orioles 2
That's a winner y'all! 

After the game we took the guys back to Tom's place so that everyone could freshen up. 
  Brandon took me to pick up my race packet for Saturday's 5k at the Wellington Green Mall.
 I had to pick up my race packet from Fit2Run inside the store. From the outside it looks like a regular mall but this thing was huge! I wish that we had a little more time to check it out but we needed to get back to pick the guys up and head to dinner! 

Fit2Run- The Runner's Superstore
The Mall at Wellington Green
10300 W Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414

 This place wasn't anything special but I seriously had one of the best prime ribs ever!
(The service wasn't the best but the food made up for it!) 

Pearl's Next Generation Restaurant
618 W Lantana Road
Lantana, FL 33462






No comments:

Post a Comment