Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014 Best of Columbia!



April 17, 2014~ You know, in life we do things that make us happy for the most part. I try to make a difference in the lives of others in a positive way and have fun! (Not everyday is fun but I try to find good in everyday) I can't even tell you what a great surprise to see my name on the ballet for not one but two categories in the Inside Columbia Magazine's 2014 Best of Columbia contest. This contest has been going on for several years and general public vote for their favorite people in various categories such as restaurants, shops, TV and Radio personalities, coaches, etc. I have to say what an amazing honor to even be nominated for the 2014 Best of Columbia contest (so whomever took time to nominate me.... Thank you!) and so special to have my name next to some of Columbia's greatest people!
 
Best Local Author:
Gold: Michele Spry 
Silver: William Least Heat-Moon 
Bronze:  Laura McHugh


Ultimate Volunteer:
Gold: Cindy Mustard
Silver: Chuck Everitt
Bronze: Michele Spry

You can see the complete list here:
 Congratulations to everyone that was nominated and received an award!

So I bought 4 tickets and gave 2 of them away on my author's page...
Congratulations to Renee Costner who won those tickets! 

I took Martha (aka: my momma) as my date! She had a lot of fun! We tasted some great food, she had some great adult beverages (someone had to get us home safe and sound) and lots of laughter! 
I love that woman! 

Thank you so much Inside Columbia Magazine for a such a fun event! What a great way to recognize so many great people and places in our community... Y'all ROCK! 

To everyone that voted... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

Inside Columbia Magazine
47 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65203
Office: 573-442-1430
Fax: 573-442-1431

No comments:

Post a Comment