Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

June 16, 2013 ~ Happy Father's Day to my daddy! I saw a post from the Columbia Missourian a few weeks ago. They asked you to submit a picture and one word that described your dad. They also asked you to give a story, description or anything else about your dad and I submitted the following.

"Strong.... Our dad is truly an amazing person and one we love very much. When our parents both retired in February 2013 they didn't realize that life would take a slight detour before enjoying retirement. In March, dad was diagnosed with Stage 1 Prostrate Cancer and would have surgery in April. Even though he was nervous and a little scared he never showed it. He knew that the doctors would take care of things and within several weeks he would be back to doing the things he enjoyed. He is just now back to riding his Harley, which is something he loves. He has always been the backbone to our family instilling a strong work ethic and great values in my sister and I. We are proud to call this man our dad."


On Tuesday I received a copy of the Columbia Missourian from Bill and Linda Markgraf.... It appears that our dad made the front page! How awesome was this! We are very lucky to have our parents still with us. I hate the thought of my friends and family that don't have their mom or dad and I would gladly share my parents any day with them. Happy Father's Day dad.... I love you!

P.S. Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law, Lonnie Spry! 21 years ago they welcomed me into their family and have treated me like "one of the kids" ever since. I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment