Monday, December 3, 2012

Women's Network Photo Shoot!

November 29, 2012 ~ When I came full time to our business in September 2006 one of the first checks I wrote was to the Chamber of Commerce and Women's Network. Both of these organizations have shown me leadership, dedication and building lasting friendships along the way. I was shy and scared to death when I went to my first Women's Network luncheon not knowing what to expect. I would change clothes to what I felt was more appropriate to go to the various luncheons or committee meetings but soon found that I didn't want to change who I was. Both organizations have been very supportive of me and our business and have allowed me to be.... well... me! I have given respect to fellow members along the way and built lasting friendships with many. I am pretty sure that they don't even think of my blue jeans and cowboy boots when I walk into the room rather they see me as a genuine person and for that I am grateful!

After our photo shoot they wanted to do "Jazz Hands".... I do love a little silly-ness so why not after all these men and women where such good sports! I really had a lot of fun and believe it or not there were a few new faces that I haven't met yet! (Guess we'll have to fix that won't we!) 

I love these smiles! Women's Network is such a great organization. It allows you to be a part of some amazing committees and even step into leadership positions to encourage you to do something you may have never done before! They encourage, empower, embrace and engage all members!
If you work for a business that is not a part of the Chamber of Commerce / Women's Network then ask them if you can become their representative... the opportunities you will get will make it worth while but remember... it's like anything else... you get out of it what you put into it. I am so glad I took a chance 6 years ago because it's been great to help me in my professional (and personal) life become a better person!

No comments:

Post a Comment