Friday, July 30, 2010

Beetle Bailey

Last night Brandon and I attended the Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Century Club Dinner at the University Club on the MU campus. Ambassadors that earn 100 ribbon cutting points within the Chamber year they receive special recognition and a dinner. Midway Electric, Inc. was a gold sponsor. This marked the 3rd year that the Century Club has been around and I have been there all 3 years (the first year I was a sponsor but the past 2 years I have earned my 100 points needed to attend as well as being a sponsor). What a great time we had. I also arranged a surprise 50th birthday party for one of the Century Club Ambassadors, Tom Trabue, who thought he would just slide by without anyone knowing it was his 50th. Little did he know that someone had told Michele this news! We had a lot of fun and I think Tom was surprised! On our way leaving we decided to stop and take a couple pictures with Beetle Bailey which is just outside of the Reynolds Alumni Center (this is the same building that Brandon and I had our prom back in 1994). Beetle Bailey is Mizzou's famous comic-strip character created by Mort Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment