Friday, April 30, 2010

My first Chamber of Commerce Retreat!

What an experience! I had so much fun for my first Chamber of Commerce Retreat which was held Thursday April 29th - April 30th in St. Charles, Missouri. Kelley Marchbanks, Presient of Women's Network, and what a great time I had visiting with her this weekend! The theme for this year's retreat was "Removing The Barriers" Each year the Chamber of Commerce gets together to welcome new chairs and get their head around issues in our community so that everyone is on the same page and then leadership knows what direction to lead in. I was asked to be a guest speaker on Thursday evening about what barriers we face as a small business.... gosh I was nervous but public speaking is still very new to me and one that I am trying to work on. We then had dinner at Three Hills Winery in historic downtown St. Charles. What a great place! I had a lot of fun and learned so much during this retreat. Everyone was very nice and friendly and it was good to be around leaders that want to make a positive change for our community. I am very lucky to be a part of an amazing community that has a wonderful Chamber of Commerce. Thanks for the many laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment