Thursday, July 11, 2013

Montrose, CO ~ Day 5 Heading Home!

July 7, 2013 ~ After 4 wonderful days visiting friends it was time to load up and head home. We put a total of 857 miles on the Chevy Tahoe and we had to give her a bath before returning it. We were going to meet Paul, Whitnee and the kids for breakfast and had some time to kill before that so we drove down on Main Street because I wanted to get pictures of a flag painted on the side of a building that I noticed the other day. (I'm kind of a dork like that)

Montrose, CO is beautiful in the summertime... and love the no humidity too! 
We're gonna miss this place.... until next time that is!

The Spry's! 
Told you this was a really cool flag painting! It looks so real and who ever did this ROCKS! 

 We met at Camp Robber for brunch. We found this little hot spot on our last trip out here. Love their pancakes and fresh fruit! 
"You want to color Shell?"
"Here you go Brandon!"
"I love chocolate milk!"
"You like chocolate milk Brandon?"
"Chocolate milk makes me silly!"
It was fun getting to spend some time with all the kids...
They are growing up so fast! 
We were ready to hit the first leg of our flights home. We returned the rental car and headed over to get our boarding passes. As I attempted to get checked in they couldn't check me in for some strange reason. The guy told me he would fix this in the gate. We got through security and they had over sold the flight and didn't have a seat for me. (I purchased our tickets a few months ago through American Airlines direct so I don't know how this happened) About 10 minutes before the flight they were able to locate seats for the 4 of us that needed them. Shew! I really didn't want to stay another night if we didn't have to since we needed to be back to the office for work tomorrow.

We finally got the wheels up and headed to Dallas which made us happy! During the flight I began to get the story for my second book which made the 2 hour flight go pretty fast. 
I looked up to see this cool cloud next to us.

We landed in Dallas and had about a 4 hour layover so we took off walking. I am pretty sure we saw just about all of DFW Airport! We ate dinner at Friday's and loaded on the plane at 6:30 PM to fly back home. We had a great flight and was sitting behind Jay and Michelle Lindner who just got back from Vegas for the weekend!
We were welcomed with a perfect sunset when we arrived back to Columbia but the best part... we were only 25 minutes from home! Sa-weet!

No comments:

Post a Comment