Monday, July 15, 2013

100 Ages, A Century of Voices

July 15, 2013 ~ A few months ago I read a post on Facebook from the Columbia Missourian asking for volunteers for a project. The project was spear-headed by Alyssa Goodman and Katie Alaimo and would be the faces and voices of 100 people in Boone County in a project they called "100 Ages, A Century of Voices".

What an amazing experience this was. The girls had you enter into a studio where two different cameras were set up complete with lighting and they would engage in a normal conversation with you. During this conversation they would ask additional questions. I can only imagine how much they learned from each of the 100 people they interviewed and how those stories will be something they will remember. (Seriously, think of the amazing history these people have!)

On July 4, 2013 the complete project was aired to the public! I have taken time to watch almost all of them and I truly enjoyed watching people grow up before your eyes. You see many walks of life and it's interesting to hear their stories from their own mouths. I encourage you to watch the videos and how well they are put together.... who knows, you just might see a few people you know in the process!

(click here to enter the Columbia Missourian Project)

(click on this link to see the videos)

(click on this link to watch my video)

Great job Alyssa Goodman and Katie Alaimo.... 
You girls did an awesome job!

UPDATE:
 July 10, 2013 ~ Just had a nice surprise in the mail today that totally made my day! I don't know who sent this to me but if their heart is as full as mine is right now from such a simple gesture then life is good friends! Thank you who ever you are for making my day a little brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment