May 11, 2013 ~ Today marked my 3rd 5k this year. This was for Girls on the Run and it's amazing to see what awesome stuff this organization does for the little girls in our community. You can learn more about them here: http://heartofmissourigirlsontherun.org/about-us/
Little did I know they work with the students at Midway Heights Elementary School (which is the school we are a Partner in Education with) and I just happened to find one of the sweet students at this event! This is Madison Cook and she rocks!
My goal for this 5k was to complete it under 40 minutes. I pushed myself pretty hard and my phone app showed that I completed it in 37:05 which was really good! I was happy to see this as I knew my "official time" would be just a little better. I jogged about 75% of the time and speed walked the other 25% of the time. I felt great and my knees weren't hurting. (I have worried about messing up my knees and really tried to be careful)
I was proud to see the official time come in and my time was marked at 36:52:3 which put me at 9th place for females 30-39 age range! Thank you Julia Grus and Amy Hoyt for letting me tag along and cross the finish line with you! Awesome moment for me! (All results posted at https://enter2run.com/results/default.aspx?event=21079 )