Friday, January 24, 2014

Waiting on Alexis Spicer... Her Grand Enterance!

December 1, 2013 ~ Well as soon as I got back from Texas I would be heading over to the hospital to meet Josh and Roni Spicer as she would be induced! Such an exciting time as I would hopefully get to see another little baby enter this world! I got home and took a shower (after traveling I needed something to wake me up!) and called Roni. It appears that Boone Hospital had a short staff and lots of babies being born so they would delay her being admitted until 6:00 AM the next morning. Until then she and I went to see the Magic Tree and Candy Cane Crib.

When we got done riding all over Columbia we went back to Josh's mom and dad's house to try and get a little sleep. This was pretty much a joke as we finally laid down at 3:00 AM and giggled. (I love bunking parties and when you are with friends it's hard to sleep) 
It was finally time to get checked in! Today was hopefully going to be the day that Alexis would arrive and now we all just wait! 
The Spicer's were pretty excited and yet a little nervous as they didn't know exactly what to expect.
As you can see from the smiles on their faces they were ready to meet their little girl!
Roni had some rock star nurses that took good care of her! 
Josh was so silly... 
We knew this was going to be a long day and we wanted Roni to rest as much as she could so Josh and I met Brandon at Booche's for lunch! 
Roni tried to rest but contractions were getting closer...
Josh tried to rest but couldn't get comfortable for long. 
Even though Roni's contractions were getting harder little Alexis wasn't even close to coming out and was content where she was! Roni's doctor came in and discussed some options with them and they needed to decide what they wanted to do. Basically they would stop the meds and start up again tomorrow and see what happens or they could do a C-Section and get it over with tonight. I caught wind that Maci the Elf was waiting downstairs in the lobby and I let Josh and Roni talk about what they wanted to do and went to find Maci the Elf.....
It looks like Maci the Elf flew in her hot air balloon to wait for Alexis to arrive!
When we got back upstairs I found Maci the Elf next to the heart monitor! 
I think she's just as excited as we are! 
They had a couple visitors arrive to see how things were going and Aunt Kayla stopped by when she got off work in hopes to be here for Alexis' arrival! 
Maci the Elf... you better give that mask to Josh as you can't go in the operating room!
Yep the decision was made to have a C-Section and in 30 minutes or so Josh and Roni would meet their daughter! (So exciting!)
Time to head to the OR and get Roni ready! 
Josh was happy yet nervous! 
I was so excited for him and couldn't wait to see his face when he met his daughter for the first time! 
(I talked one of the nurses getting off her shift into taking pictures with my camera to capture this moment and the following pictures are in the Operating Room)
Welcome to the world Alexis Marie Spicer! 
I can only imagine the big ol' smile on his face behind this mask!
Alexis... meet your daddy! 
Alexis isn't minutes old and already wrapped around her daddy's finger! 
Sweet baby girl... we've been waiting for you to get here!
8 lbs 3.9 ozs
 Daddy taking Alexis to meet her mommy!
Roni meeting her daughter for the first time!
First family photo... The Spicer Family!
 Proud daddy!
While they were taking care of Roni and getting her back to the room Josh brought Alexis down to the nursery to get her all ready to go upstairs to see her momma!
 I can't tell you how cool/emotional it was to see Josh proud! I knew he was going to be a good daddy but from the time he went in the operating room to the time he brought his little girl down to the nursery he was a changed man... in a good way of course!
She did good while they were messing with her but when we heard her little cry you just wanted to scoop her up and hold her! Daddy tried to calm her down... so sweet!
Look at those little feet!
She was ready to go upstairs to meet her mommy!
Looks like Maci the Elf took a little ride to the room!
I love this little face! Aunt Shell couldn't be more happy for Josh and Roni with the addition of Alexis... she sure made a spot in my heart next to my other wonderful nieces and nephews!
Roni did an awesome job!
They got them moved to a new room and it was so sweet watching them!
Josh was was so sweet and couldn't take his eyes off her!
Roni was perfect! Watching her talk to Alexis was awesome...
 Just when you couldn't be happier this happened! I am pretty sure this little girl has the perfect loving family!
Just before I left the hospital for the night I knew they were going to be just fine. Alexis had her parents right there with her and a bond that would hold this family together forever! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to get my hands on her again... she better save a few snuggles and kisses for me!

Alexis Marie Spicer
December 2, 2013
8 lbs 3.9 ozs
20.5 length
7:52 pm







No comments:

Post a Comment