Monday, January 6, 2014

My 12th 5k ~ The Dream Factory

November 16, 2013 ~ Today I would complete my 12th 5k in 2013! This 5k was for the Dream Factory Central Missouri Chapter. The theme for this race was "When I Grow Up!" and you can find out a little more about this wonderful organization here in Columbia by visiting their website at:

 I have never ran a race with someone else and today Tara Alderson would whip my butt into shape AND help me set a personal record! I always felt like I would keep someone from reaching their goals during a race because I wouldn't be able to keep up or I rather run than walk... today was a good day for sure!

We chatted and before you know it the race was over....

 Today I would set a personal record and finish the race at 26:30!!!
I felt good and man was it nice to get one race under 30 minutes! 
Completing one race in under 30 minutes was a goal of mine for 2013... Thank you Tara for the great motivation and constant movin' and groovin'.... You ROCK girl!
(huge thank you to Tara's hubby Greg for getting a picture of us crossing the finish line)

 Just one more race to complete this crazy goal of 13 in 2013! 

Truman was even there to send us off on our run and was there to cheer us on as we crossed the finish line! All in all it was a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment