Monday, April 8, 2013

100 Voices Project

April 7, 2013 ~ The Columbia Missourian is launching a video project to capture the diversity of Boone County through the voices of it's own community members. Based on the idea of simply getting to know one another, our goal is to find a person of every age, from 1 to 100, to share something about themselves.

I wanted to be a piece of this great documentary and contacted Katie Alaimo and Alyssa Goodman at the Columbia Missourian. They scheduled an appointment to come into their studio at Lee Hills Hall located at 8th & Elm in Columbia, MO. They were great at making you feel comfortable and you simply had a normal conversation with them. They were great to ask questions about certain things you said and was never a dull moment. (I can't believe I am telling you this but I even got emotional... I know.... seriously! We were talking about cancer, my book, inspirations and life. It was crazy yet good... of course I told them not to use any of that!) My session lasted about 40 minutes (you know I can talk) with about 30 minutes of it recorded.... the rest was just chit chat!

They have a great idea and I can't wait to see the finished project! I really think there are some great people that we may never meet in this community and to hear a little about them would be awesome.

Yep I represented age 36! 
(Brandon reminded me it's only for another 4 months)

I even got to color in my age!

I highly encourage you to do this. If you live in Boone County and you see your age still in white then they need you! Let's help them get this project done! 

Contact Katie Alaimo or Alyssa Goodman at
100ages100voices(at)gmail(dot)com
or 
573-559-0243
and set up your appointment today! 

Every person, of every age, has a story to tell.


1 comment:

  1. Ya mean I have to clean up to do this?! LoL

    Looking forward to doing this tomorrow, Michele!

    ReplyDelete