Friday, February 8, 2013

Alex George & Eleanor Brown Author Talk

February 7, 2013 ~ I had met Alex George almost 4 years ago and have witnessed all the great things he has done in our community. He is an attorney,  served as a Board Member for Voluntary Action Center, volunteered within our community and is a published author. "A Good American" is his 5th published book and one I noticed most.

Since I became a self-published author I have been paying a little more attention to author's in general. I try to think outside the box and do things a little differently to allow myself to stick out a little more.

Alex sent an invite via Facebook to come to Barnes & Noble at the Columbia Mall in Columbia, MO tonight at 7:00 PM. As a great surprise he brought Eleanor Brown who has published "Weird Sisters" as a guest. It was a great turnout and they did something a little different where they had a conversation between them focused on their books. It was really fun listening to them talk about writing, publishing and all things in between. Once they were done talking and allowing the audience to ask questions they did book signings and of course I had to have one! (Crazy little thing I have been collecting for awhile is autographed books.... I don't have a ton but I do have a nice little collection that I started several years ago). Listening to them talk about their books certainly makes you want to read them and I will!

Congratulations to Alex and Eleanor on your books! Sounds like you both are well on your way to being very successful and I am very proud of anyone taking a chance to write a book.... we all have a story to tell and if you don't start your story today when will you have time?

No comments:

Post a Comment