Monday, March 14, 2011

DECA Judging!

March 14, 2011 ~ I donated my time to the High School division of DECA at the Lake of the Ozarks today. (I liked this year's slogan... Take Charge.... Electrify Your Life) For the past 3 years I have been driving to the lake to help judge role playing events with the students. They are given 15 minutes to read a role play and then they come into the room and act out their role with the judges.
Today I was judging Quick Serve Restaurant Management. I judged 13 students from various schools across Missouri. (There was 1,126 students at this State event) It is always a learning experience for me to listen to the ideas of these kids... some of them are way out in left field and some are really good. I truly enjoy giving back to this organization as I was a DECA alumni from David H. Hickman High School here in Columbia, MO back in 1994.
It is always held at the Lodge of Four Season's which is large enough to accommodate everyone! Yep you are seeing things... that's snow! We have some crazy weather here in Missouri! Only place I know that one week it's a blizzard followed by 70 degree weather followed by snow followed by 60 degree weather and snow again! I sure will be glad when Spring gets here! :)
 Any chance I get to go to the lake I always stop at The Sugar Loft.... I was so hungry for their yummy cupcakes and when I got there they were closed! Dang! Oh well, better luck next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment