Friday, March 18, 2011

2011 Business Showcase

March 15, 2011 ~ The Columbia Chamber of Commerce hold an event each year that Chamber businesses get to network and market themselves to businesses in Columbia, MO. This is always a fun event and brings in a great crowd. We did not set up a booth this year but instead I volunteered my time to help out! (I love our Chamber of Commerce!)
This year I am a co-chair of the Small Business committee and we are working on the 2011 Small Business of the Year awards locally. We had the honor of being named 2009 Small Business of the Year and I wanted to give back and be a part of this amazing process again! We were happy to name this year's finalists: Bucket Media, Inc. (not pictured above), Columbia EDP, Frameworks Gifts & Interiors, Midwest Computech, and Songbird Station. We had 21 nominations and 15 of those businesses turned in their applications and then was narrowed down to 5 businesses. It is such a huge honor to be at this stage.
One of the other announcments that they made was for the 2011 Athena Young Professional Finalists (Jennifer Thoma, Shatenita Horton & Shelly Devore). They are all amazing ladies!
They also announced the 2011 Athena Award Finalists (Karen Miller, Lynda Baumgartner, & Jolene Schultz (not pictured)). All are very deserving ladies!
Well this you see.... I can't really explain. I felt the need to put on the table decorations from Boone Hospital Center and model them for some of my friends! I can't help but laugh.... Ambassador jacket and all! I ain't right! :)
I love this picture. This is our bank and on the facebook picture I tagged myself.... if you look real close you will see the bottom right picture of their customers is Brandon and I! We did an advertising piece for them in January 2009 and they still use it! These guys are the best! :)
 I did win a bottle of wine from AnnaBelle Events for "like"ing their facebook page! How exciting is that?! Thank you Anne Churchill!

No comments:

Post a Comment