Monday, September 20, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa Crews

As a little girl I spent a lot of time with my granny and grandpa Crews. I was the only grandchild for 5 years so I stayed with them while my parents worked and then would ride the bus to their house once I started school. My grandpa was a retired concrete worker and grandma never worked but stayed home. They lived right next door to our shop and the barn that we raised hogs in is where Midway Electric, Inc. is today. Granny and I would do everything together including taking walks down Henderson Road where we would pick fresh peaches from Ernie's house or walk up to the Midway Locust Grove Church to check on the garden (their garden was right next to the graveyard) or play in the creek behind their house. We would always take a ride in the country at least once a day and grandpa would always tell us the same story as we traveled (I just wish I could remember 1/2 of those stories). Granny loved little trinkets and I suppose that's where I get my obsession of trinkets or knick knacks. My grandpa wouldn't really let my grandma spend money or really enjoy life... heck she never even got her drivers license. I always told her I would take her to get her license sometime and we could go to town whenever we wanted.... she always agreed with me. She died when I was 19 years old and I just wish I had spent more time with her but Brandon and I were dating and he came first. I wouldn't change that but I wish I took more time to really enjoy what time she had on this earth. If grandpa had died first I would have made sure grandma would have known what it was like to buy a new outfit or go to a movie or to do anything she ever wanted no matter what the cost.... Yesterday was kind of a sad day and I miss my granny but I can only imagine one day I will see her again..... until then I will always remember the good laughs we shared....

No comments:

Post a Comment