Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Homemade Vegtable Beef Soup

March 25, 2014 ~ I had a hankerin' for some homemade soup and tried my hand at Vegetable Beef! I have only fixed it one other time and tried just throwing some things together to see if I had the touch... it was awesome! (I mean seriously, it's not that hard to make and for someone who doesn't cook very often I impressed myself!)

I grabbed my big crock pot and Slow Cooker Liners.... (Not sure what I ever did before this amazing invention... I love these things) and started whippin' stuff together!

Ingredients used:
1- Large can of Tomato Juice (46 fl ounce - any brand you choose)
1- Large container of Beef Broth (48 fl ounce - any brand you choose)
1- Regular can of Sweet Corn (any brand you choose)
1- Regular can of cut Green Beans (any brand you choose)
Red Potatoes (of course you can use whatever kind you want)
Beef chunks (I use Amana Beef for Stew which is the trimming for steak)
Chopped onions (I use the dehydrated kind because I always have them on hand)
Salt and Pepper

On the beef chunks and potatoes I just put in what I think is a good amount. I am a picky eater and trim a lot of the fat off the meat (I know many of you say that's the best part but I can't deal with a lot of fat on my meat)

I have added additional items such as carrots and celery but didn't have those on hand for this batch.

I don't precook anything and just put all ingredients in the crock pot and put on low. I let it cook all day and the meat is so tender!

Just grab a big ol' glass of sweet tea and sit on down... 
It's that good! Oh and help yourself to another bowl... I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment