Friday, January 25, 2013

Junior Achievement 2013

January 25, 2013 ~ Today I finished my 3rd year of teaching Junior Achievement to the most adorable 2nd graders at Midway Heights Elementary School! Our 2nd grade theme is "Our Community" and they are taught things like what a community is, what a business is, what products and production are, about the government including government workers, voting and how money moves through a community. As a Partner in Education I wanted to be involved in this program because it was a great way to interact with the students while taking time to teach them. It always makes me smile to walk in and the students smile and say "Hello Mrs. Spry!" (Not gonna lie... it does make me feel old to have someone call you Mrs. Spry but I know it's out of respect) I truly had a great time and I think the kids did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment