Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome to Columbia!

Me, Mike Matthes (City Manager) & Don Laird (President of the Chamber)

Wednesday July 6, 2011~ Last night our amazing Chamber of Commerce held a reception to welcome our new City manager, Mike Matthes to Columbia! Mike previously worked with the City of Des Moines, Iowa starting as an intern in the City Manager's office in 1996. I love how our Chamber always makes people that move to Columbia feel so welcome! I am glad to be a part of this wonderful organization and there was a wonderful turn out of guests! I think Mike has a tough job ahead of him but I am confident that he will handle each situation with honesty, integrity, and pride. I feel he will always include the public in situations, and although we can't please everyone all the time I think he will have the best interest in mind for the City of Columbia. Welcome to Columbia Mike and let's cut a ribbon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment