Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A well deserved Hero Award - Chuck Everitt

Tuesday April 12, 2011~ Today a very deserving individual received the 2011 Hero Award given by the Voluntary Action Center. Chuck has dedicated the past 39 years to building and re-building the CYFL (Columbia Youth Football League) so that all kids could learn the art of playing a sport and balancing education.
I had the pleasure of nominating Chuck for this award and when I learned that he had won it was so hard to keep it quite! As many of you know, I am a Chamber of Commerce Ambassador with Chuck and see or talk to him almost everyday. I knew I had a good chance of getting him to go to the awards program because we had a ribbon cutting to kick it off and he knew he was nominated. He thought he was nominated for a different category (there was 7 total) and when he didn't win the award he thought he would win I like to never got him to sit still. He was fidgeting all around and wanted to go outside but I was able to get him to stay. He was so surprised when the very last award was his! The look on his face was priceless and I am so glad that I was able to share this special day for him! He truly deserved this honor.
 I am so proud of you Chuckles! Glad that you can be recognized for all you have done in our community! You have made a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment