Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chamber Ambassador Executive Committee

I have had the pleasure to serve as the 2009-2010 on the Chamber Ambassador Executive Committee as the Secretary. My secretary duties will end on June 30th and my new position will become the chair-elect for the 2010-2011 year. I will be a few points shy of 500 Ambassador points which is my half way mark for my tree. I became a Chamber Ambassador on July 1, 2008 and once you have 1,000 ribbon cutting points you will get a tree planted anywhere in Columbia (with permission of course) and dedicated in your honor. This is a really big deal and only 12 other Ambassadors have had this honor and just a few have 2 trees planted in their honor. My goal has been set to have my tree in 4 years or less so if things keep going like they are I will have my tree during my chair as an Ambassador. What a great year this has been and thank you to our chair, Nancy Fay; past chair, Rollie Hausman; chair-elect, Keri Tipton; Treasurer, Cheryl Jarvis; and good ol' Chuckles!

No comments:

Post a Comment