Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Wild Hair - Donating to Children With Hair Loss!

 March 15, 2018 ~ Today is one of my favorite days... it's Hair Day (aka: Tinfoil Thursday)! I love hair days which only come once every 3 months - because I can't stand the thought of going every month for highlights and a trim. When this day comes around I feel like a new woman and today I got a wild hair to cut off more than I would during just my normal highlight and trim! 

I have been talking about cutting my hair off and donating it for several months. It takes forever for my hair to grow and I just got it to a length I really liked but donating it was more important to me. 
I mean, it's just hair and it will grow back! 


I have been researching organizations that you can donate your hair to that would accept hair that was color treated (I just highlight my hair) and stumbled across Children With Hair Loss and was so happy that they would accept my hair and the minimum requirement to donate was 8" of hair - however they would love more if you have it.

So many organizations wouldn't take hair that wasn't "virgin" hair and I totally understand their reasons however I would like to believe that there are far more people that process their hair that would like to do something good for others and can't - until I found Children with Hair Loss! 

This picture was taken right after I sat down and we measured my hair to cut... then it was time to highlight before finalizing the cut! I wasn't really nervous but rather anxious to see my new style! I knew I would like it but also knew it would take a few days to adjust to this new look! Even blow drying my hair was weird because there wasn't much there and it didn't take long to dry!
(Yes I am a complete fruit loop and fix my own hair at the salon.... crazy I know!)

Shew wee sugars, now you know why I call it "Tinfoil Thursday"! There is a hot mess going on inside all that shiny metal and soon enough I will have balanced locks that are blonde again!  I can only imagine that they get a heck of a discount on tinfoil! (I am sure they go through a ton of it!)
As a side note I did have really great cell signal! Ha! 

The new haircut with some much needed highlights!
Feels so weird but I love it... Thank you Jen Bloss! 

It feels good to give back to others especially when it's something we have and don't need. I know it's not near as much but it's something I know I can do to help someone else. I have really fine hair and I know this won't even come close to making one wig but hopefully whomever receives a wig from pieces of my hair will find joy and happiness.

Interested in donating your hair and want more information?
Visit their website: http://www.childrenwithhairloss.us/



Just remember.....








2 comments:

  1. Get stylish hairline design with denser hair growth only with advanced Hair transplant in India. VJ Clinics is having the team of surgeons to provide realistic results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. You can get the best hair transplant nyc

    ReplyDelete