Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rag Blanket

I got my first sewing machine on Christmas 2009 from my mom and on January 1, 2010 started teaching myself how to sew. I wanted to learn how to make these "rag style" blankets so that I could give them as gifts for the many people I know having babies. I really enjoy making these kind of gifts because you can't buy them at the store and they are made from the heart. I have a ton of flannel fabric and just not enough time now that Spring is here. I was asked to make a blanket for a silent raffle coming up on June 11th. This raffle was important to me because it was money that was being raised for cancer research.... you see a good friend of the family passed away almost 3 years ago with brain cancer. Roger Garmon was someone that you never forget. Although there is no real cure for cancer it has touched someone we all know at some point in time. The money from this blanket will go towards cancer research through Relay for Life. This is one of the ways I give back to our community to help the life of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment