Friday, January 1, 2021

Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Slow Cooker Chili


 January 1, 2021 ~ If you are like me when the cold weather hits I am looking to fix something warm, and bonus points are given if I can do it with a crockpot! I like throwing everything together, turning it on, and walking away until it's time to eat. It makes my life easy and when we get home late I am not trying to throw dinner together at 7:30 PM. 

Several years ago we did a ribbon-cutting for a horse barn that was having an event. They invited us to stay and was having a chili contest. I am a picky eater and typically want juicy chili because that's the only part I eat is the juice! (Weird I know but you shouldn't be surprised) One of the ladies told me that I had to try this chili and although I was hesitant I tried it.... y'all it's one of the very few chili's I will eat! 

I figured it would share it with you in the event you want to "up your game" for a chili contest (yes I have won 1st place with it) and give you the recipe! So here you go:

2 cans of Great Northern White Beans (15 oz each)

3 cups of cubed chicken breast 

1 jar of Rago Alfredo Sauce (15 oz)

2 cups of Chicken Broth

1 1/2 cups of Frozen Sweet Corn

8 oz package of Shredded / Cubed Monterrey Jack Cheese 

8 oz package of Pepper Jack Cheese

1 cup of Sour Cream

Onion for taste

Salt and Pepper for taste


Combine the above ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring every hour.  


When I make Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Slow Cooker Chili I double the batch because I use a 7-quart crockpot. I would adjust the recipe for what you want. For example, I add more chicken and more chicken broth so that I can warm it up the next day. I use rotisserie chickens from Sam's Club ($5.00 each) and pluck the breast meat from 2 of them.  Best served with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls! Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment