Saturday, March 28, 2020

Breaking Out!


March 26, 2020 ~ We are still trying to do what we can to be safe and keep safe distances from others. We are working as electric is an "essential job" at this point but I try to avoid stores if we can. You guys, this is hard. Mentally it just doesn't feel right and not being able to see my family and friends is really hard.

Brandon and I go to work every day and so we are around our employees which helps. To have conversations and just to physically see people is huge for me.  Our employees are rock stars and I know we don't give them enough credit but seriously they are doing what they can to keep the electrical needs of our customers moving forward.

It's tough. Changes are coming daily and we are all trying to navigate this serious situation. There are moments I want to cry and moments that I want to roll up my sleeves and figure out how to help. I just don't have all the answers and that drives me crazy. 

Y'all, I needed to see my Momma. Talking to her on the phone, when she answers it, isn't enough for me. We live 3 houses away from her and about 1 1/2 miles from my sister. Luckily, my sister, Ashley sends videos of the boys and gives you a sense of being able to see them. It's still hard because we are together each week and it's been nearly 2 1/2 weeks since I have seen Greg, Ashley, Jaxon, and Asher and it sucks. I couldn't take it anymore so I called Momma. 

{Phone Conversation} 

Me: Momma, what are you doing?
Momma: Nothing really. Why? What are you doing?
Me: Headed home. Wanna break quarantine?
Momma: Where you going?
Me: For a ride in the country on the Razor (RZR)
Momma: Hell yes I do! 

I told her I was just getting home and had picked up Chipotle for dinner and as soon as we got done eating I would text her. (Don't mind the cilantro in between my teeth in the photo! Ha!) Brandon and I were sitting on the back deck eating and here she comes on her golf cart! That's how Mom and Pops usually come over is by their golf cart! 

Momma sat in the back of the Razor and we didn't touch but damn it was good to put my eyes on her! I do take this stuff seriously but we were on the Razor the whole time and I didn't touch her in an effort to keep up with the social distance. It was a beautiful afternoon and the sunshine mixed with country roads and fresh air did the body good and for a little while, we didn't really think about COVID-19. Our little drive took us on a 25-mile trip! 

While it was starting to get cool on the ride home I can't help but love this view as we come home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment