Thursday, March 19, 2020

A Little Humor Today!


March 19, 2020 ~ You guys, I know COVID-19 is serious. I have already told you that the unknown scares me the most. I do have faith that we will be OK but we will go through harder times before we get to better times. I am doing my part in "Social Distancing" myself but frankly, it's hard. It doesn't feel right. Sure we still have our cell phones, e-mails, text messages, FaceTime and social media but being told to stay away from others is extremely hard for someone like me,  who loves to be around people. I am trying to stay positive and support small businesses as much as I can.

In a time where businesses are slowly shutting down or drastically changing their hours it's crazy and just seems unreal. It makes my heart sad to see tough decisions that friends and business owners are having to make knowing they are trying everything they can to keep their employees employed. Just know we are in this together and just keep doing the best you can as this isn't your fault.
We will get through this!

I try to find happiness in these days. It makes me smile when so many friends are now working from home and trying to be good at homeschooling their child(ren) or now working with their husbands. You guys, I am laughing at many of your posts and realize how much there is to not only raising a child but also trying to teach them and an adjustment of working with a spouse when that's not a normal thing for you. While we don't have kids I feel for everyone as they adjust to a "new temporary normal".  Those of you that truly homeschool your child(ren) I praise you. I'm sure it's not easy but the time you get to spend with your child(ren) will be something I hope they always remember.

For example, the following have been shared many times by many of you and I totally laugh because I can see you writing this! 

I mean seriously! Hilarious! 

Oh my gosh y'all! 

Bahahaha! 

No judging here! 

This was pretty good too! 


I am certainly not making fun of anyone in a stressful time but rather smile because we are trying to find a little humor in life despite the craziness. I think we all have to take a deep breath and remember that the most important thing is to find a way to spend this time with your child(ren) and find happiness with them. Extra cuddles, being able to spend time with them that you might not if you were in a "normal" daily routine. Perhaps you might find that this new routine brings a little more happiness and slows down the time as they grow up so quickly.
I have several friends who are teachers. I admire what they do each and every day to help, encourage and inspire the students in their classrooms. I know that they are all super passionate about teaching and each of their students becomes a part of their own heart. I know teachers are underpaid and under-appreciated. They are with your child(ren) a large portion of a day for nearly 9 months out of the year. They are working long hours trying to find creative ways to help your child(ren) during this time and this is just as hard on them. They love your child(ren).  

My hope during this unknown time in our lives is that we each have a little more understanding, give a little more respect to those around us and genuinely appreciate every single human being. We are a team and we need to help where we can.  



You guys, just remember to be kind. I can't help but think that certain things happen for a reason. I would never wish something like this on anyone but maybe this is a gentle reminder that we all need to slow down and stop taking so many things for granted. I have said for years "I'm going to slow down" and I am pretty sure I'm just as busy as I have always been. I really think we all need to take this time and put things in perspective. Will we get quarantined at home? Probably. Is it going to be hard? For many, yes. Is this going to take a financial toll on all of us? Absolutely! Will we be better people for being forced to pump the breaks and enjoy the things we often take for granted? Yes! There are a lot of things we can't control but there are a lot of things we can control. Find happiness in each day and realize there are people who have no family. 



You guys, being "stuck" at home isn't so bad. (Remember those people stuck on a Cruise Ship?) Get outside, play games, put your phones down a little more, find time to have real conversations with your family, sit at the table for a meal together, make memories and take lots of pictures. I have no idea what will happen in the next few days, weeks or months but embrace it with a positive attitude. Maybe when all of this is over we might actually find that we don't have to be so busy all the time. As I get older it's more about the things money can't buy that is more important. 



I will still never fully understand the whole "Toilet Paper Hoarding" but here's a little something from me to you.... You are loved sugars! 



No comments:

Post a Comment