Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Homemade Cherry Pie!

A couple of weekends ago I decided I would try my hand at making my husband a homemade cherry pie. Grandma Ruby would make these for him because it's his favorite. I pulled out the recipe and it was really good! The crust was just like what I remember her crust to be, flaky and just a little sweet, and the filling turned out just like her filling. I remember thinking "Is this what Grandma was talking about" or "Wonder what Grandma would think of me making a homemade cherry pie"...... I can only imagine that she was probably smiling and shaking her head at the mess I made creating this homemade pie! I am going to start making pies more often so I can have a little laugh from time to time and remember how she loved baking pies. Hmmm..... wonder what flavor my next pie will be.... chocolate? coconut? another cherry?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment